lunedì 16 agosto 2010

Stunning top ten finish for De Puniet in Czech rep.GP




Brno, 15 August: the LCR Honda MotoGP rider Randy De Puniet rode his Honda RC212V no. 14 to an impressive 10th place in today’s Czech GP at Brno race track. The tenth round of the season was run under blue skies with ambience temperature of 26°C despite some poor rain in this morning warm up session. The tough Frenchman, who received a painkiller injection ahead the 22-lap race, battled bravely with the injury he sustained during the German GP.

Just three weeks after the left leg surgery, De Puniet steadily improved his pace session by session and put in a strong performance today at the 5.403 Km race track starting from the 11th spot on the grid after yesterday remarkable qualifying. The 29-year-old was obviously in severe discomfort despite using painkilling therapy but demonstrated his vein once again climbing up to a sensational top ten finish in a physically demanding race. De Puniet is now holding the 8th place in the world standing with 75 points. The premier class Teams and riders will be back on track tomorrow for one day of testing but De Puniet won’t join his competitors and will continue with his recuperation in readiness for the next event at Indianapolis circuit on the 29th of August.

De Puniet – 10th

De Puniet: “This is simply great! I could not expect such a positive week end. Just three weeks after my injury I was back on my bike and could fight for the top ten. I want to thank the doctors, my family and my friends and of course the Team because they helped me to get this incredible result. I could also fight for the eight position but I lost some tenths behind Melandri but in this condition it was pretty hard to overtake the others. Then I passed Melandri and started to be faster and together with Barbera we caught Simoncelli. At 7 laps to go they both passed me as I was completely exhausted. I really dug deep in my reserves to finish this race and I am very happy about my performance. Now I will have almost 2 weeks to complete my recovery and hopefully we can obtain another positive result in Indianapolis”.
IMPRESSIONANTE DECIMO POSTO DI DE PUNIET NEL GP DI REP. CECA
Brno, 15 Agosto: il pilota del Team LCR Honda MotoGP Randy De Puniet ha regalato un incredibile 10° posto alla squadra e a tutti i suo fan oggi nel GP di Repubblica Ceca sul tracciato di Brno. Il decimo round della stagione si è svolto sotto un solo cocente con una temperatura di 26°C nonostante il maltempo della mattinata. Il combattivo pilota Francese, che ha fatto un’iniezione di antidolorifico in vista dei 22 giri, ha resistito al dolore alla gamba sinistra fratturata nel GP di Germania.

A sole tre settimane dall’infortunio, De Puniet ha assiduamente migliorato il suo passo turno dopo turno dimostrando un coraggio da leoni ed una gran determinazione sulla pista Ceca partendo dalla 11° posizione in griglia. Il 29-enne era ovviamente svantaggiato rispetto ai suoi avversari nonostante l’utilizzo degli anti-dolorifici ma ha dimostrato ancora una volta la sua grinta risalendo sino alla top ten in una gara che l’ha stremato. De Puniet occupa ora l’8° posto nella classifica mondiale con 75 punti. I Team ed i piloti della classe regina torneranno in pista domani per una giornata di test ma De Puniet ha saggiamente deciso di continuare la riabilitazione in vista del prossimo GP ad Indianapolis (USA) il 29 Agosto.

De Puniet – 10°

De Puniet: “Questo risultato è semplicemente grandioso! Non potevo chiedere di più a me stesso e voglio ringraziare di cuore tutti: a partire dai dottori e poi la mia famiglia, i miei amici e di sicuro tutto il Team. Devo questo incredibile risultato a tutti loro. Sono anche riuscito a lottare per l’ottavo posto ma ho perso un po’ di tempo dietro a Melandri ma in queste condizioni sorpassare gli altri era molto difficile. Poi sono riuscito a passare Melandri ed ho cominciato a giare più forte ed insieme a Barbera abbiamo ripreso Simoncelli. A 7 giri dalla fine loro mi hanno ripassato ma io ero completamente esausto. Ho veramente “scavato” dentro me per trovare la forza di finire questo GP. Domani non sarò qui per i test ma continuerò il mio recupero per tornare ancora più in forma ad Indianapolis”.

Nessun commento: