mercoledì 30 giugno 2010

DE PUNIET ENDS 6th AT DUTCH GP


DE PUNIET ENDS 6th AT DUTCH GP AFTER A THRILLING LAST LAPS BATTLE

Assen, 26 June: the LCR Honda MotoGP rider Randy De Puniet crossed the line in sixth place in today’s 26-lap Ducth Grand Prix at Assen race track reinforcing his place as the best of the championship’s top privateers. Saturday’s 80th Dutch TT got underway at 14:00 local time and was held in hot conditions (48° on the ground) and sunny skies at the circuit known for its inclement weather. Randy de Puniet had waited three years for a front row grid position when he started from second spot last weekend at Silverstone, and yesterday the Frenchman has secured two in the space of two races after another fantastic qualifying performance. Riding the RC212V nr. 14, the 29-year-old was sixth after the first lap and started a close battle with Spies and Dovizioso for the fifth place ending the Dutch round with a breathtaking last lap. LCR crew and Randy will now move to Spain for the Catalunya GP on the 4th of July. De Puniet – 6thDe Puniet: “After a positive qualifying lap time, I took a bad a start from the second spot because I dropped the clutch too quickly having a big wheelie but after that I overtook many riders in the first run. Unfortunately I had some issues on the front tyre at the beginning of the race so I decided to change my riding style a little bit to keep the pace. Then in the middle of the race I caught Dovizioso and Spies starting a close battle and I had fun. In the last lap I tried to overtake Dovi again but went too wide in the last corner. Anyway we are very pleased about this result and this week end because we maintain our sixth position in the classification”.

Nessun commento: