lunedì 1 giugno 2009

DE PUNIET 8th OVERALL AT DAMP MUGELLO


Mugello, 31 May:

In hard fought race LCR Honda MotoGP racer Randy de Puniet finished eight in today’s Italian Grand Prix at Mugello circuit ahead 81.657 MotoGP fans. The fifth round of the season started today at 14:00 local time and was held in wet conditions after two days of sunny skies and high temperatures. Rain showers hit the 5245 m track early in the morning with ambience temperature of 18°C (20°C on the ground) so the premier class riders used the 20-minute warm up session to chase the correct set up ahead another wet race. De Puniet set a good rhythm in this morning warm up session gaining the 7th quickest lap time in the wet and started from the second row for the 23-lap race. After some laps the track surface started to dry up and the 800cc riders had to switch on slick tyres. The 28-year-old came out on lap 7 when he was 10th and, after that, he started an amazing battle for 6th place with Toseland and Edwards. Stoner is today’s leader followed by Lorenzo and Rossi. De Puniet – 8th De Puniet – 8th: “Unfortunately the conditions were the same of Le Mans race but today’s result is a bit better. I took a very good start but after some laps in the wet I did not feel pretty confident and was slower compared to the others; probably I have been to cautious. I changed my bike at the right moment but, for two laps, I struggled to set my rhythm especially on the damp parts of the track. Anyway I had fun battling with Toseland and tried many times to leave him behind but it was impossible. At two laps to go Edwards caught us and I pushed to end 6th but was to late. Eight position is not so bad in these conditions but we could get that sixth place in the pocket. Thanks to my Team once again for their good work”.

Race result:1 Stoner 2 Lorenzo3 Rossi 4 Dovizioso 5 Capirossi 6 Edwards7 Toseland 8 De Puniet9 Canepa 10 Vermeulen11 Melandri 12 Hayden13 Kallio 14 Elias15 De Angelis

Nessun commento: