venerdì 3 luglio 2009

DE PUNIET BATTLES TO 7th AT DUCTH TT


Assen, 27 June: the LCR Honda MotoGP rider Randy De Puniet was involved in a thrilling race crossing the line in 7th place in today’s 26-lap Ducth Grand Prix at Assen race track reinforcing his place as one of the championship’s top privateers.
The seventh round of the season started today at 14:00 local time and was held in dry conditions and cloudy skies with Rossi celebrating his 100th victory followed by Lorenzo and Stoner.Riding the Honda RC212V nr. 14, the 28-year-old showed his trademark getting good lap times on race trim in every session throughout the week end at the 4.555 Km circuit obtaining the quickest lap time on Thursday first free session.
The Frenchman started from the fourth row and was up into ninth by the end of the first lap beginning a close battle with Hayden, Toseland, Elias and Capirossi for a top ten finish.De Puniet – 7th De Puniet: It has been a thrilling and stressful race for me. The grid position did not help us and I took a bad start but after the first corner I overtook some riders and was up to ninth by the end of the first lap. After that I caught a group of riders faster than me with better engines and could not pass them.
Suddenly Toseland passed me after the back straight but he was on the limit and hit my machine. Once again I had to push to catch the group but then Elias came up and hit me on turn no. 3. However I stay focused and when Capirossi and Elias made a small mistake in the last corner I was ready to take the chance to pass them. After a difficult qualifying we deserve this 7th place. My squad made a very good job on the electronic system between the warm up and the race”.

Nessun commento: