martedì 6 luglio 2010

4th De Puniet



Montmeló, 04 July: the LCR Honda MotoGP rider Randy De Puniet got a brave 4th place in today’s 25-lap Grand Prix of Catalunya at Montmeló race track ahead 81.426 warm fans. The seventh round of the season got underway at 14:00 local time and was held in sweltering conditions with ambience temperature of 35 degrees with riders struggling with the extreme heat and grip issues. De Puniet posted the third fastest lap time in yesterdays qualifying placing his machinery on the front row for the third consecutive time. The hyper-fit Frenchman seemed to thrive in the 35C heat, sliding the rear wheel of his Honda RC212V off the long corners of the 4.727k track north of Barcelona. At the end of the first run the 29-yeard-old was 4th and was able to nearly match the pace of the leaders in the first laps. Thanks to his impressive result LCR French racer holds the 5th position in the world classification with 69 points. De Puniet – 4th De Puniet : “We have decided to go with the harder tyre and I struggled a bit with rear edge-grip in the beginning. I took a bad start from the front row but immediately push to catch the three riders in the front and after that my race pace was exactly what we were expecting. So I took the fourth position and decided to keep my rhythm till the end as I could easily control the gap to the other riders. Simoncelli tried to catch me but he made a mistake and crashed out. I knew I could get my best result of the season here and this 4th place is simply fantastic for me and the guys. We now hold 5th place in the world classification as best private Team and we keep on working in this direction to place our Honda in the front at every GP of the season”.

Nessun commento: